Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 18, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 18, 2015

Monday, December 7, 2015

A True Artist of Music

One aspect of the STAR WARS films I really love is the music. John Williams is a true artist of music in the way he wrote the music for the films.

I remember once watching the behind-the-scenes of E.T. THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL, and I saw John Williams leading the orchestra while the film was playing on a big screen. The music was moving. It especially had a great impression when I watched him lead the orchestra into the main E.T. theme when E.T. and Elliot lifted off the ground. Watching John Williams lead the orchestra into that amazing theme was a feeling I will never forget. The feeling is indescribable.

It is the same with his STAR WARS pieces. There are so many themes and all of them are moving, amazing works of art. Some of my top favorites are "Star Wars Main Title", "Princess Leia's Theme", "Tales of a Jedi Knight/Learn About The Force", "Yoda's Theme", "Yoda and the Force", "The Imperial March - Darth Vader's Theme", "Carbon Freeze", and "Luke and Leia". I'll talk more about what I love about them in the future, but for now that's my list.

If I had to pick my #1 favorite of those, it would be, "Yoda and the Force". The reason why is because it is a good, moving piece during an essential moment of Luke's growth in the force. It occurs when Luke fails to lift his X-Wing fighter out of the Dagobah swamp, and gives up saying that it's impossible. Then Yoda successfully lifts the fighter showing to Luke that all things are possible with the Force on your side. Yoda teaches him that he needs to believe in order to succeed.

John Williams did an amazing job with the music during that scene. Without it, the learning moment Luke has would not be felt so intensely. That is true with all moments in the STAR WARS saga. Without John Williams' moving music, it would not be as great of a saga as it is.

Feel free to comment on this post about what I wrote and also your opinions on John Williams' amazing artistic work.

Here is a video of the scene so y'all can feel the power that his music has on amazing, inspiring moments like this one in the STAR WARS films.


This below is the theme from E.T. I talked about earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment whatever you want pertaining to my posts and Star Wars in general.

Please no ads or things like that. Thank you!